A simple and easy cabbage salad to make.
This warm cabbage salad is a healthy plant based dinner sidee or can be main! A spicy, crunchy and flavorful inspired cabbage salad to enjoy at any meal or with bread. Pot luck, paleo, vegan friendly and easy to make.
I never liked cabbage before due to the stingent smell of it especially when steamed or boiled. Knowing the whopping benefits of eating cabbage i focused my attention in exploring more recipes and healthy ways to incorporated into my diet.
Did you know that cabbage is considered a cancer killer cruciferous vegetable? No i didn’t but you might’ve.
Good to know the benefits
- Reduces inflammation
- Regulate blood sugar
- Promote weight loss
- Contain cancer-fighting compounds
- Helps with estrogen balance and
- Enhances heart health
So, few months ago i got home while starving and tired to go shopping or even order something to go. I checked my refrigerator for a quick fix meal and found not much with the exception of few items.
Yay!! I found cabbage, onions, garlic, cilantro and lemons. That’s should be a good start!! But wait, how am i going to cook this cabbage?
Being gluten free i make different satisfying and moroccan inspired salads. Instantly i thought to expirement with cabbage instead, let’s make cabbage salad or zaalouk similar to eggplant or zucchini.
What you need….
- half cabbage head
- 8 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- hot sauce
- one frying pan
- one regular pot to boil and cook cabbage
- Half cabbage head
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- 1/2 Tsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. paprika
- 1/8 Tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 drops of hot sauce
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tsp. of salt
- A juice of half lemon
How to make cabbage salad
- Slice thin half of the cabbage
- Add two cups of water and salt to a pot
- Transfer the thin sliced cabbage to the pot alongside with two garlic cloves
- Boil for 20 mins or until cabbage is a bit tender
- In a frying pan over medium heat add olive oil and transfer strained cabbage and sautee for five minutes
- Add minced garlic and sautee for another five minutes
- Add cilantro, parsley, spices and lemon juice
- Stir all and turn off the heat and set aside to cool down
- Serve as a side or main
I promise you that as soon as you take the first bite of this delicious, addictive salad you will never stop making it.