Best Ever Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
This beautiful recipe for Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins has all the comforting flavors and aromas of your favorite morning treat, with none of the gluten! Discover how easy gluten-free baking can be with this stress-free recipe!
Just like DeNiro in the classic movie “Casio”, everyone loves a great blueberry muffin! This easy Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffin recipe makes the perfect snack easy for any chef to make; plus, these perfect muffins have so much sweet berry flavor with none of the gluten guilt! The best part is these delectable muffins have exactly the right amount of blueberries in every bite, so they’re fully DE Niro-approved!
What Makes These Blueberry Muffins So Delicious!?
Gluten-Free Glory – This easy recipe makes a comforting breakfast favorite that is totally gluten-free!
Family-Friendly Fun – This is the perfect recipe to get your kids to cook with you. Plus, the end result is delicious for kids of all ages!
Easy Like Sunday Morning – These delicious gluten-free blueberry muffins don’t require special expertise or equipment making them the perfect weekend brunch treat!
Ingredients for Gluten- Free Blueberry Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups or 230g of Gluten-Free Flour – This ingredient makes the base of your dry ingredients. There are many options available and you can use your favorite; however, if you’re unsure what type of gluten-free flour is best, try baking with rice flour or a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. Both choices are available in the baking aisle and both produce great textured muffins.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt – A hint of salt adds balance to sweet baked goods like their delicious muffins. For this recipe choose a fine-grain kosher or sea salt.
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder – This ingredient is a leavener that will help give your muffins a lovely rise!
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda – Baking soda works with the baking powder to help leaven these tasty muffins.
- 1 cup of whole Milk – In this muffin recipe, milk helps thin out the batter and adds creamy, richness to the final flavor. Whole milk is a great choice, with or without lactose.
- 3/4 cup of Sugar – Sugar adds the perfect sweetness to the muffin batter. Granulated white sugar is perfect for this bake!
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract – A touch of vanilla flavor makes these berry-filled muffins pop! Use a pure vanilla extract when possible.
- 1/2 cup of Butter – Delicious butter adds the rich and creamy fat needy to bring this recipe together. Melter butter is best for this bake.
- 1/4 cup of Whole Milk Yogurt – A little tangy yogurt brings some much-needed acid to these irresistible muffins. Use plain yogurt, not flavored.
- 2 Eggs – Eggs act as a binder and also help give the muffins an even more delicious rise. For this recipe, bring the eggs to room temperature before using them.
- 1/4 cup of Lemon Juice – This bright citrus balances the dark blueberry flavor perfectly. Use freshly squeezed or bottled for this recipe, but it is best to use fresh it’s like a perfect marriage with Blueberries.
- 1 Lemon Zest – The zest of the lemon has a bold citrus flavor that makes this recipe sing!
Ingredients for the Optional Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup of Gluten-Free Flour – For this sweet topping choose an all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- 1/4 cup of Sugar – Sugar is the key to this crunchy and sweet topping. The sugar caramelizes when baked and becomes decadent and crunchy!
- 2 tablespoons of Butter – Melted butter helps hold the streusel topping together.
Let’s make the Blueberry muffins now… I can’t wait to try a popping hot one from the oven 🙂
- Preheat your oven at 375°F.
- Grease or line up a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and whisk together gently.
- In a Separate bowl, add the room temperature eggs, and whisk for just few minutes, then add all the other wet ingredients. Whisk gently, no need to over mix.
- Put a few pinches of the dry mix into a small bowl and gently toss the blueberries in this flour mixture, this will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently whisk to combine.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Use a large scoop to fill the prepared muffin tin with batter.
- Top with extra blueberries and optional streusel topping, which will give the muffins a nice finish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fully puffed up and golden brown, you will notice especially after the toothpick comes out dry.
Some Tips and Tricks
- Don’t skip tossing the berries in the flour mixture, this prevents them from sinking in the bottom of the muffins.
- Use an ice cream scoop or larger Disher to fill the muffin tin so every portion comes out even.
- Check these muffins using the toothpick test, if the toothpick comes out dry the muffins are done.
- You can substitute sour cream for yogurt.
- Eggs, milk, and yogurt should be room temperature which help the muffins to bake beautifully and evenly.
- You can substitute milk for any nondairy milk of your choice or even use water, but I am not sure if the result will be the same taste and texture.
How to Serve These Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Enjoy these muffins while they’re warm with a little spread of butter, apple sauce, or simply some apples, or try them after they’ve cooled for a great on-the-go snack. They are the perfect mate for orange juice, coffee, oat milk Matcha latte or even a mimosa!
Any way you slice them, these awesome Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins are loaded with berries and great for any occasion!
Can You Store Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins?
To store these tasty muffins, allow them to cool then move them to an airtight container. These muffins can be kept on the counter for up to 4 days, up to one week in the refrigerator and up to three months in freezer, if you can resist them for that long like me 🙂
Reheat them in the microwave or toaster oven, or simply enjoy them at room temperature, it is your choice, but I definitely enjoy them even after 10 days in the refrigerator warmed up in a toaster oven.
Please leave me a comment below if you try this recipe.